- HomeGrown opens first full volunteer gardening season: every Saturday at 10:00 a.m. April through October. Obtains DEP permit to tap fire hydrant for water.
- Commissioner Adrian Benepe pays a visit on It's My Park Day! In October. Agrees our "no-name" park deserves to be officially designated "Butterfly Garden."
Category Archives: Timeline
- As HomeGrown, community volunteers apply to serve as stewards for B255G under Partnerships for Parks program. Park's planting areas are cleaned, new topsoil roto-tilled, berms created, first 3,000 bulbs planted.
- HomeGrown counters proposal to use B255G planting areas as dog runs with a vision of restored gardens at Community Board 7 hearing – a vision recommended by CB7 parks committee and approved by CB7 in June.
- Community volunteers organize to care for half-acre park designated B255G at 18th St. & 7th Ave.